Summer is officially here and it’s no secret it’s our favourite season! Mainly because of the hot weather, sundresses and of course the summer cocktails. With our busy lives, a crisp cocktail at the end of the day is essential, so in the spirit of the season, we’ve rounded up our go-to cocktails for you to enjoy all summer long. Which are especially perfect for impromptu brunches with the girls!
- 1 ½ tbsp apricot rosemary jam (or any jam at your preference)
- ½ oz lemon juice
- 1 tbsp plain greek yogurt
- ¾ oz blackberry liqueur
- 1 ½ oz gin
- Blackberries and lemon for garnish
- Crushed ice
- Add all ingredients into a shaker with ice.
- Shake hard and strain with a strainer into a glass with crushed ice.
- Garnish with blackberries and a lemon slice and enjoy!
- 1 ½ cups fresh blackberries
- Crushed ice
- 7-Up Soda
- Malibu Coconut Rum
- Rosemary for garnish
- Blackberry liqueur (optional)
- Muddle blackberries at the bottom of each glass, until broken up and release juice.
- Fill ¾ of the glass with crushed ice.
- Fill ½ of the glass with 7-Up over ice.
- Add 1 shot of Malibu Coconut Rum.
- Garnish with a few blackberries and a sprig of rosemary.
- Mint syrup:
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup fresh mint leaves (one large bunch)
- Mojito Slush:
- 2 cups honeydew melon (seeded and cubed)
- Juice of 2 limes
- ¾ cup light rum
- ¼ cup mint syrup (add more to taste)
- 3 cups ice
- Lime slices, mint sprigs, and honeydew slice for garnish
- Bring the water and sugar to a boil in a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Reduce the heat slightly and simmer for a few minutes or until the sugar is dissolved.
- Add the mint, remove from heat, and allow the syrup to cool to room temperature.
- Once cool, strain out the mint and discard. Cover syrup and refrigerate for a few minutes.
- In a blender, add the melon, lime juice, rum and mint syrup. Blend on high until the mixture is smooth. Taste and add more mint syrup as needed.
- Add 1 cup of ice to the blender and blend on high. Keep adding ice until the mixture reaches a thickened slushy consistency.
- Garnish with lime slices, mint sprigs, and honeydew slice.